Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve is coming.
I hate the countdown.
It reminds me that yet another year has passed in which I achieved none of my wishes.
That another year has passed without those I love.
That I have wasted yet another year.

It also reminds me of those around me whom I love dearly and would move heaven and earth for; if I could.
Which strengthens my resolve to do some of the things I want next year.
Vicious circle? Oh yes.

How about you? Do you love or hate NYE ?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Prue

    Try and write down the things you have achieved this year, rather than the things you haven't, you might find yourself pleasantly surprised. I set myself monthly targets for my writing, then give myself a pat on the back if I achieve them. It's easy to tot up what has been done at the end of the year. Sounds a bit anal I know but it works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'wannabe a writer' has great advice. I think I should try this in 2012, so I'll focus more on what I've done, rather than not. You're a great gal Prue ... and you've achieved much this year ... and next year will be even better :)
    Seasons Greetings !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was given a cute suggestion from England: write the worries on a sheet of paper and put it in a box. Close the lid. The worries go away ;) It works at night, at least, when we are stressing and not sleeping. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete