Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Forever Young

It's my birthday soon. I don't know about you guys, but I have trouble with birthdays. I can't seem to associate the age my birthdate tells me I am, with how I feel inside my head.
I was writing a short story, the subject matter of which helped me to realise some of the reason why that is.  And I know my character helps with some of it too - I'm usually a glass half full kind of girl.
But I struggle with the rest.
I feel that I have accomplished little.
That I have yet to fully grow up.
That I have no clear idea of what lies ahead, which by now, let's face it, should be well defined.
I think back and can't understand where the years have gone to. In fact, I am in shock when I count how many years I have been away from home.
Can it really be that I have drifted for so long?
Does anyone else feel so displaced?
Does it matter, even? Maybe it is good to feel forever young.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Prue

    I often look in the mirror and get a shock because I'm expecting someone much younger! I just think that you have to accept the good points in each stage of your life. Ie now the boys are a bit older I have a bit more me time. And as for the should you know where you're going by now, I don't think anyone does. Who said "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans"? I think you just have to go with the flow and try to make the most of every day. Easier said than done though!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete