Monday, April 18, 2011

Bouncing Back


There is a saying that bad things happen in threes – three strikes and you are out.
Rejections, therefore, need to come in threes. 
The fourth is merely a new group of three.
And so on, until an acceptance arrives.
To bounce back continually requires total commitment to the belief that one’s cup is half full.
That good things happen to good people. Come to people who wait.
There are no end of morale boosting sayings to help bolster one’s mood.
My writing group asked me how do I handle rejections.
My Point of Prue is to take each rejection as a challenge, to do it better next time, to learn from it.
Be it a story, an articel, a job, a partner, an idea, my principle is the same; smile and the world will smile with me.
Eventually!

2 comments:

  1. Love this article and its relevancy to the pace of life we lead. You've got a great attitude, and yes, we're smiling along with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "To bounce back continually requires total commitment to the belief that one’s cup is half full."
    Not at all easy, but essential. I feel "eventually" nearing with every "smile".

    ReplyDelete